Saturday, July 30, 2011

Goodyear Tires Get a Big Slam

Take a look at this hole in the side of the tire. How would you loke this to happen to you or your family? This is the 6th tire from Goodyear of this make and model to have blown on us in the last year. Each time they develop a grapefruit or larger size balloon in the side wall and burst shortly after.

I am just thankful none of my family has been hurt or in any accidents. The actual model is the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread P195/60R-15. Thankfully Goodyear has pulled this model from production.

This morning I was actually getting bursted tire #5 replaced. They put the donut spare on and said they would call when the tire came in. The tire they ordered was a different model and I had it placed on the car. I drove less than two miles when this one blew making it the 6th different tire of the original model to have blown. Here is a picture of one of the earlier ones. I was able to capture the bubble before it burst.

Notice how new the tread still looks. This tire was less than 4 months old on the car when it happened. These will be the last Goodyears I ever own and I have been a faithful customer for many years.

On the first tire it didn't cost to replace but it did cost a tow. The spare was out of air even though I had asked for it to be checked when I purchased the tires. The second tire cost me around $40 in replacement fees and only after I argued for a reduction in costs. Tire number 3 cost me an extra $70 and I was pretty burned at this point. By the time tire #4 burst it cost me a whopping $135 because of tread wear and all. Today's tire #5 cost me another $25 making the grand total of 4 bad Goodyear tires over $1080. Did I get a deal or what? Thanks for nothing Goodyear and I will never buy another tire from you again and I think I have a few hundred thousand miles of driving left in me and my family.

Look for the next post to be a bit more positive on the company that replaced them today. I will reveal them later after this has had a chance to circulate.

PIRELLI P4 Four Seasons P195/60R15

(Note to readers, these are what I replaced the Goodyears with.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only a couple of requests, keep it civil, clean and no spam. Links to relevant content are encouraged.