Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Blog of Helios: Konnect a Kid This August

The Blog of Helios: Konnect a Kid This August

Community is one of the biggest draws for myself to Linux. I follow a blog, The Blog of Helios, which is about a project in the Austin Texas area. Their mission is to bring technology to those in need. Mainly households with children and teens in school. I have been following this project for about two years and it never ceases to amaze me the trials Ken and his small staff go through yet they continue on.
I personally am not in a position to help The Helios Project right now. I wish I were because I believe in what they are doing. But perhaps a few of my readers, friends and friends of friends can help. The word needs to go out to as many as possible to help this project meet the goals of bringing access to the Internet to these households. It is not enough to bring in a computer to a home without giving some access to the Internet. Society does not look at computers as merely number crunchers and word processors. If it isn't connected to most people it isn't useful.

If you can help monetarily that would be fantastic. If not keep spreading the word since somewhere someone can. One last thing to remember, this really doesn't ever end. August is really just another chapter for the Helios Project.

I can't say enaough about the work done here. Raves all around for Helios Project and the work they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only a couple of requests, keep it civil, clean and no spam. Links to relevant content are encouraged.