Monday, August 22, 2011

Rave For Literature

I was reading a post from a friend's site and it got me thinking. What are my favorite books that were written at least before the turn of the 21st century? But before I reveal my list, follow the link and read the article. Then come back and read my choices. I am going to limit the list to ten of my favorites and would certainly love to read about yours. Maybe I've read a few and maybe I will read some of them? I think this will be fun so click here if you have not yet and come back after reading the short article. I promise this will be one post you will enjoy if you have a love for books.


Since I am borrowing an image to illustrate my point and create space between my post and my list, I should give the credit where it came from.

My List in no particular order:
  1. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy 1877
  2. Breakfast of Champions - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.1973
  3. On the Road - Jack Kerouac 1951
  4. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck 1931
  5. Hawaii - James Michner 1959
  6. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (trilogy) 1979
  7. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky 1866
  8. Steppenwolf - Hermann Hesse 1927 German 1929 English
  9. Willard and His Bowling Trophies: A Preverse Mystery - Richard Brautigan 1975
  10. Sick Puppy - Carl Hiaasen 2000 (I know it is technically just outside the 21st century depending on how you count. But this one sparked my interest in all of Hiaasen's works.)
This is my list of ten now let's see yours. The links are all from WIKIPEDIA since they have done such a marvelous job at describing each of these titles. Enjoy.

    1 comment:

    1. The Godfather, Crime and Punishment, To Kill a Mockingbird, In Cold Blood, The Three Musketeers, How Green Was My Valley, Ender's Game, Great Expectations, LOTR Trilogy, Grapes of Wrath, The Sound and the Fury, Katherine Mansfield, Biographies, and many more.

      I can't choose a top 10 out of all the books I've read.

      ReplyDelete

    I have only a couple of requests, keep it civil, clean and no spam. Links to relevant content are encouraged.