Friday, December 28, 2012

Slamming Lenscrafters

A couple of weeks ago I went to the local Lenscrafters and went through the process of getting an exam and purchasing glasses. Never again will I try that. Their service quality was great when it came to helping me find frames while my eyes were dilated. It was fine throughout the process. What was not fine was the quality of the glasses. I put them on and immediately vision was impaired greater than without them. This is supposed to have the opposite effect. I was seeing a halo image around everything. I told the woman helping me and she at first took them back into their lab returning with a statement similar to this: The technician said they are correct and you may need to upgrade to a different lens with anti-reflective coatings.

Needless to say this did not sit too well for me. I said I was not upgrading to anything and they needed to make them right. A couple more trips back and forth to the lab resulted in a big nothing. At this point I was wanting my money ($186) back and said I would come back the next day to see the manager. Then she had the nerve to ask if I was going to take them home that night. I said no they can stay right here. No way was I taking them out of the store.

Well to their credit, my refund was handled in a timely manner. The manager wanted to re-measure the pupilary distance again and found that it was 2mm off. They measured the first time with their proprietary measuring device. The re-measure was done with the hand-held device everyone uses. I am glad about this too since I did order my glasses online later that night.

So I am slamming Lenscrafters for sloppy service when it comes to production of glasses. They could have done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only a couple of requests, keep it civil, clean and no spam. Links to relevant content are encouraged.