Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rave Chandler Regional Medical Center OR Staff

Recently I underwent a surgery for a hernia. It was scheduled for 10:30 AM on Feb. 29th at Chandler Regional Medical Center. Well sometimes things happen that push schedules askew. As in my case, my room for the surgery was booked but taken because of availability for an emergency. Such is life I thought as it happened. My Doctor, Dr. Bodzin, really great also, came by to tell me the news personally at about 10:15 AM. He offered me the chance to come back or stay for the surgery. I opted to stay. After all I had been there since 8:00 AM and fully prepped since about 9:30 AM and I might as well get it over with since all the preparations had been made.

Dr. Bodzin left and was actually assisting in the emergency surgery so I lay there watching others getting wheeled into their OR room for about 5 hours. Yes I was on the table for 5 hours before the surgery actually took place. This is why the rave for the OR staff at Chandler Regional Medical Center. The folks that took care of me were kind and gracious from the very beginning. One of them was even there when I awoke in post-op. She had a wonderful smile and I knew I was okay. Lisa even wheeled me out to the car later.

Before surgery Josh, who prepped me at the beginning, walked by once and offered Donna and I a beer while we waited. He was full of funny jokes even if they were not directed to me. Of course this was just a joke too as no beer was allowed in the pre-op.

Finally about 1:45 PM the anesthesiologist came by and Dr. Bodzin a minute later. I knew then the time was close. A nurse followed a few minutes later and wheeled me into the OR leaving pre-op with the nurses station cheering and waving me on. I can remember her saying "2 o'clock on the nose" as we entered the room. I switched tables and saw the team moving about. A couple of small talk jokes later and I was out.

This Rave goes out to the entire staff of Chandler Regional Medical Center OR staff. I can't remember all the names but everyone there made my stay and surgery a success. From downstairs to upstairs, on the OR floor, the check in window and all the nurses and techs, I can't thank them enough.

I also have to thank my wonderful wife Donna who stayed with me through the entire morning. She was more worried than me and I think the staff's attentiveness to me helped ease her mind also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only a couple of requests, keep it civil, clean and no spam. Links to relevant content are encouraged.